An Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) is an employer funded benefit that offers employees confidential counselling and advice on a wide range of work and personal issues.
It is a core component of an organisation’s risk and absence management strategy and a versatile resource for managers and HR professionals.
Our service helps your people, managers and families with day-to-day issues; some of which can be complex and debilitating, resulting in long-term sick leave, presenteeism or a safety risk. Others will benefit from practical, legal or money advice and help from trusted independent experts.
Employees can contact our service 24/7 using the helpline or employeeassistance.org.uk mobile-friendly website, enabling help and advice to be given to your employees when and where they need it.
Our investment in case handling technology and professional management of a network of over 1,200 counsellors, 1,000 psychologists and 100’s of specialist advisors ensures that our systems and service levels are state-of-the-art. Our distinctive support services are all designed to maximise the impact of an EAP in your organisation.
HR and Management Support
Working closely with HR and managers, we provide effective support for employers and employees:
- Our in-house management telephone advice line, enabling access to best practice management techniques or employment advice.
- A manager’s guide, available either online or in hard copy, which contains the what, how and where of the EAP and Additional Services.
- Management Referral services, which enable line managers to access a range of specialist expertise that can drastically improve specific workplace problems such as high levels of absenteeism, personal crisis, addiction, violent risk or general poor performance following transition or change.
- The HR Hub, which enables the HR and management community to access services, information, and any customer communication such as MI Reports and external signposting.
- A special section of the Employee Assistance website dedicated to support managers.
- Usage & MI reports which help identify organisational trends.
- EAP Launch & Communication that speaks directly to managers.